Preventative Maintenance Options
Robot World Catches Problems Before They Become an Issue
Preventative maintenance prepares industrial robots for high cycle production runs. Many times we catch problems before they become an urgent issue and allowing us to provide a more proactive approach to robotic maintenance.
Our preventative maintenance (PM) is typically done annually or biannually – during shutdowns, holidays, or scheduled robot downtime. We have experienced, skilled technicians that provide complete robot PM or additional support personnel to assist your in-house staff on PM from our Robot World staff. Training on our proven preventative maintenance process is available.
Our Standard Preventative Maintenance Services Include:
Mechanical unit items:
- Check for any physical damage, abnormal wear, or vibration in mechanical unit. All Servo Motors are thoroughly checked for any defects, including brakes and encoders.
- Inspect all mechanical unit cables and connectors
- Clean all mechanical unit contact pins and plugs
- Replace any missing or damaged zirc fitting and grease plugs
- Replace the grease/oil of the J1-, J2-, J3-, J4-, and J6 reducers, the J5 gear box, and the wrist unit.
- Check Balancer for wear
- Grease the balancer bushings.
- Replace encoder batteries
- Determine future maintenance requirements
- Robot service assessment based on inspection results
- Inspect inside and outside of controller cabinet for any defects
- Inspect heat exchangers
- Inspect an clean all RCC connectors
- Clean and inspect Teach Pendant
- Replace any filters if applicable*
- Inspect Cooling Fans
- Replace batteries
*Note: May not apply to all robot models.
*Note: Any Service Work that goes above and beyond the scope of a full service PM, for example, fan replacement will be invoiced separately at standard Robot World Service Rates.
Robot Service Check Sheet Provided for All Robots.
Keep your production up and running. With Robot World on your team, you’ll save time and money with routine service and maintenance. If a problem does arise, we are already familiar with your robot, so you can be confident we will repair it correctly the first time without any guesswork.
For a price on robot repair and regular maintenance schedules, call Robot World today.