Refurbished Industrial Robots
Largest Supply of Refurbished Industrial Robots and Robot Parts
As a trusted reseller of used industrial robotic equipment, Robot World puts every robot through a series of multi-point steps to qualify systems before we consider reselling them to our manufacturers.
Breathe new life into your tired robots and reduce maintenance time, with a complete rebuild. Our robot rebuild consists of disassembly, cleaning, and validation of comports of both the mechanical and controller units. Replacement of high failure and wear items greatly decreases a chance for a “down production” scenario. Your unit will be reassembled, remastered, and run tested for 20hrs with a full payload, and repainted. Expert Factory Trained Technicians confirm your robot is returned to NEW OEM performance specifications. Your rebuilt unit is covered with our in-service warranty.
Our Refurbished Robots Meet or Exceed All OEM Specifications.
Robot Refurbishment begins with a pre-power-up inspection of cables connectors, motor caps, fans, switches/pushbuttons, Axes seals, proper PC board connections, loose items and other physical concerns which could potentially be problematic when power is applied. After which the robot will run a repeatability/durability/backlash test for a minimum of twelve (12) continuous hours with a full payload, through full range of motions. This is followed by another inspection of mechanical and electrical components and a report of our findings is generated and provided to the customer.
Note: The repeatability/durability/backlash test will be suspended in the event of a failure to maintain the OEM specifications or robot error. Any necessary repairs are quoted as time and material. The test will be re-run in its entirety (minimum 10 continuous hours) after approved required repairs have been made.
The Following Mechanical Unit Items Comprise a Standard Refurbishment:
- Custom repeatability test rig to ensure mechanical reliability
- Check for any physical damage, abnormal wear, or vibration in mechanical unit. All Servo Motors are thoroughly checked for any defects, including brakes and resolvers/encoders.
- Inspect all mechanical unit cables and connectors
- Inspect robot operation with full payload.
- Clean all mechanical unit contact pins and plugs
- Replace any missing or damaged zirc fitting and grease plugs
- Replace the grease/oil in the J1-, J2-, J3-, J4-, and J5-, gear boxes.
- Replace the grease in the Axis 6 reducer
- Provide a detailed report including repair recommendations and robot performance.
- Clean mechanical unit
- Check balancers for wear
- Grease the balancer bushings.
- Paint robot (Optional)
- Replace serial measurement board resolver backup batteries
- Determine future maintenance requirements
- Robot service assessment based on inspection results
- Check robot calibration
- Backlash testing of mechanical unit to determine if meets OEM specifications
- Run a repeatability test of a minimum of fifty (100) cycles to confirm proper operation and cable connections prior to completion.